One of the most important things when it comes to skin care is facial skin cleansing. Cleansing is the first of the three steps, twice daily face care regime of cleansing, toning and moisturizing.
One of the most important things when it comes to skin care is facial skin cleansing. Even though we repeat ourselves in many articles, maybe you should consider we have a point! And trust me, it’s nothing personal! So, if you live in a city or near an industrial area, as airborne toxins will readily adhere to your face, causing damage and premature aging, wouldn’t you like to follow some simple steps and know some tips about correct and easy cleansing?
Cleansing is the first of the three steps, twice daily face care regime of cleansing, toning and moisturizing. Because your complexion is so delicate, soap is much too harsh and drying to use to wash the face. Special face cleansers, mostly based around a cream or a lotion, are the best way to cleanse your face thoroughly yet gently. The following cleansers use a cleansing lotion base, and are best applied and wiped off with damp cotton balls.
Tips to Create Your Own Facial Cleanser:
Milk Based Cleanser:
- Take half a cup of cold milk.
- Add half teaspoon of salt. Stir.
- Take balls of cotton, soak and then gently dab milk and salt lotion all over forehead, face and neck.
- Leave it on for 2-3 minutes. Apply again.
- Now rub gently in the circular motion and wash off. The salt in the milk gently exfoliate dead skin and the milk nourishes the skin.
Your face instantly gets a fresh and glowing look. This is good for all skin types.
Cleanser Made of Cucumber and Elder Flower:
Cucumber features in many commercial face cleansers, because it is a trusted natural astringent and cleansing agent. Here, we use organic cucumber to create a fresh, natural cleanser, suitable for all skin types. Elder flowers have healing effect and are astringent.
- 5 oz (150ml) cleansing lotion base
- 1/2 of a fresh organic cucumber
- 7 drops elder flower tincture
- 5 drops lemon essential oil.
Preparation of Face Cleanser
- Wash the cucumber. Chop a third of the cucumber roughly, place it in a blender, and puree.
- Strain the cucumber through a piece of clean muslin. Squeeze the cloth to extract the juice.
- Measure the cleansing lotion base into a glass container with a good pouring spout. Add the cucumber juice and stir thoroughly. Add the elder flower tincture and lemon oil and stir to thoroughly combine all the ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into two bottles. Label them clearly. One is ready for use and other can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one month.