Sweets, fruits, vegetables, cheese … Do you eat healthy, so that your mouth can be healthy? We found out the connection between a healthy and beautiful mouth and your every day diet.
In the last decade in the genesis of dental caries were selected 3 causal factors, namely: oral microbial flora, some parts in the aliments and quality of dental structures. In this way, these 3 causes may be present in the same time so that the dental caries appear.
Nutrition is the second factor in the production of harmful decay. The bad effect of carbon hydrates was proven after the observations taken on populations that had a diet based only on vegetables or exclusively on animal products (meat). Eskimos have perfect teeth as long as they do not consume carbon hydrates.
The role played by carbon hydrates in the genesis of dental caries was established on the basis experiments and these are the conclusions:
– The amount of sugar consumed each day plays a less important role, in relation to the timing of consumption and consumption form;
– Frequent consumption of sugar between meals, consisting of small portions, it is more dangerous than consuming the entire amount in one portion, at the main meal;
– Jelly’s are 10 times more dangerous than sweetened beverages.
To fight with these enemies you have to follow some simple rules in your every day dietary life!
[singlepic id=295 h=200 float=left]1. Induction of salivary secretion by rapid and massive use of certain aliments with increased consistency or strong flavored at the end of the meal;
2. use of food “detergent” (vegetables, fruit, raw);
3. Consumption of nuts or cheese at the end of the meal, but not apples, compensates lower pH induced by sweets;
4. Use of chewing gums after consumption of sweets, but not more than 15 minutes. Unlike rinsing with water, chewing gum stimulates salivary secretion, and temperate pH;
5. Dental brushing immediately after meals.
Try to take into account our advice and you will see how rare dentist visits will be. Depends on you to have not only a beautiful mouth, with a bright smile, but a great deal between healthy teeth and healthy diet.