Diet Tips – 3 Recipes Without Sugar to Help You Keep Your Weight in Check
Being fit and healthy is everyone’s dream, but with so many healthcare and diet tips floating out there, figuring out what actually works and what does not can be a daunting task. One thing that you can be sure of is that you cannot become healthy and fit by consuming unhealthy junk foods all the time. You need to make a habit of eating healthy home cooked meals with less sugar that are packed with nutrients that will have a positive impact on your health. Every meal you take should have a good balance of carbs, fat, proteins and calories. If you are trying to lose weight, you should start eating one less bite compared to what you are used to eating on a daily basis. By doing so, you will be reducing your daily caloric intake, something that will in turn cause you to lose a few pounds. Do not forget to exercise. For you to be healthy, you need to maintain a good balanced diet and also be physically active.
Best Healthy Diet Recipes to Try in Your Kitchen
The following are some of the best, sugar-free and easy diet recipes that will take you only a few minutes to prepare and cook in your kitchen. They are perfect for breakfast, but can also apply for the other meals in a day.
1. Lemon Blackberry Baked Pancake
- 1 cup of white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of fine sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup of low-fat buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons of grapeseed oil, coconut oil, sub canola oil or melted butter plus more to oil pan
- 1 cup of fresh blackberries
- 1/2 teaspoon of freshly grated lemon peel
How to Prepare:
- First, you will need to preheat your toaster oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and then grease an 8 by 8 metal baking pan.
- Put the flour, salt and baking powder in a medium bowl and them whisk them together.
- Put the egg and buttermilk in a small bowl and then whisk them together until they are properly combined. Put the oil, vanilla, lemon peel and honey and then continue whisking.
- In the flour mixture that you prepared, make a well in the center and then pour the buttermilk mixture in it. Stir the mixture until it is properly combined. You should not be able to see any flour streaks after that.
- Take the batter and pour it into the non-stick pan that you prepared earlier and then sprinkle berries atop.
- Allow the batter to bake for about 23 to 26 minutes or until the edge starts turning golden. When you insert a toothpick in the center, it should come out clean or with few crumbs attached.
- Remove the cake from the toaster oven and allow it to cool for a few minutes.
- Slice the cake into quarters or smaller pieces and then serve warm with whipped cream, yogurt or maple syrup.
2. Kale and Feta Egg Muffins
This is a really nice dish to prepare during breakfast when you are in a rush. The following is how it is done.
- 4 large eggs
- Cooking oil or spray (for greasing the muffin tin)
- 1/4 cup of non-fat milk
- 3 ounces of frozen chopped kale (thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup of tomato basil flavored crumbled feta cheese
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
How to Prepare:
- The first thing you will need to is preheat your toaster oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit and then take a six-cup muffin tin and grease it very well.
- Put the milk and eggs in a medium sized bowl and then whisk them together until they are properly combined. Add kale, feta cheese, pepper and salt and then whisk the mixture.
- Ladle mixture into the muffin pan while making sure that each cup is filled halfway.
- Allow it to bake for 20 minutes. Halfway through the cooking, turn the non-stick pan around. The eggs should have puffed and their edges become golden brown when you turn the pan.
- After 20 minutes have elapsed, remove the pan from the toaster. The eggs may start deflating immediately, so do not worry too much about that. Take a small offset spatula or knife and then run it around the edges of every muffin and then transfer them to a plate for serving.
3. Rainbow Fruit Waffles
Image credit: communitytable.parade.com
These waffles will be great especially during a holiday or weekend, but you can still prepare them any time of the week and enjoy eating them with your family. The following is how they are prepared.
- 2 whole grain of frozen waffles
- 1 tablespoon of coconut butter
- 1/4 cup of whole milk ricotta cheese at room temperature
- 1 clementine (segmented & thinly sliced)
- 2 large strawberries (halved & thinly sliced)
- 1 pineapple ring, (finely chopped)
- 15 small blueberries
- 1 small kiwi (peeled & finely chopped)
How to Prepare:
- You will need to prepare the frozen waffles as per the instructions or directions on the package. Allow them to cook for about two to three minutes before topping.
- Take the coconut butter and ricotta cheese butter and mix them together. Spread the mixture into a horseshoe shape on approximately 2/3 of the upper side of every waffle. It will be a good idea to reserve a few teaspoons of the mixture for making the clouds.
- Arrange the fruit in a rainbow shape, starting with the strawberries, on top of ricotta.
- Using a teaspoon, dollop the ricotta that will remain at the ends of every rainbow to make clouds.
Preparing the above-mentioned diet recipes will be absolutely easy if you have a toaster oven. You are not going to take a lot of your time putting the ingredients together or cooking them. That is why they are great recipes to try in the morning. The toaster oven will make your life a lot easier. But you have to invest in the best model if you want to enjoy cooking these recipes and many others easily. If you are looking for the right one to buy right now, our friends at messmakesfood.com have a few toaster oven models to check out. They might help you find something that you can work with even if you are operating on a limited budget.