The summer is one of the most exciting seasons of the year! And for women, it is the perfect time for outdoor festivities, hiking and oops…the beach! But amidst all the fun and adventure that makes you feel it is indeed summertime, there is nothing peskier than ending up with sunburns or dry skin.
To prevent summer skin issues, check out the following skincare tips for the young, adventure-loving woman in you!
Talking About CTM
CTM (cleansing, toning and moisturizing) is a necessary skincare basic not to ignore and must be followed in order. Here’s how to do it.
- For cleansing, use a gentle cleanser without alcohol, which dries up the skin much more in the summer. You can clear off the dirt with a tissue and mild cleanser. Do not use hot water, too.
- For toning, apply it right after cleansing. Toning takes the least time in CTM because a toner is quickly absorbed by the skin. Pick a toner with the most water composition. You can also tone your skin twice a day – morning and night.
- For moisturizing, apply a moisturizer within five minutes after taking a shower, but do not moisturize your wet body. Use a specific eye cream, not a face or body moisturizer, for your eyes.
Applying Sunscreen Protection
It is not enough to use a moisturizer with sunscreen protection so you might want to buy a sunscreen with greater than SPF50 to block up to 98% of the sun’s harmful and burning UVB rays.
For the best results, choose a broad spectrum sunscreen to shield your skin both from UVA and UVB rays. In addition, you must reapply more often if you sweat or every two hours at the very least.
The pros at a makeup school reveal important makeup tips for the summer that will make you look gorgeous without that melting and smoldering makeup on your face!
- In the morning, use an oil-free moisturizer and match it with an oil-free foundation.
- Use a primer that goes after the moisturizer before makeup.
- Avoid caking and creasing by using less makeup. If possible, choose a tinted moisturizer plus a concealer if needed.
- Do not use cream foundations to avoid that excessively shiny appearance.
- Lighten your look with sheer eye and lip colors.
- Do not use eye creams on your eyelids because they can break down the makeup in the hot weather. Set things for longer wear by applying your cream liner and then using an angled brush for pressing dark shadow over the liner.
It is required twice a week in general, but only once a week or every 10 days in the humid months. Make sure to choose the right facial scrub for your skin type. For the best results, choose a skin brightening exfoliator once a week.
Stay hydrated! Do not let the heat of the sun leave your skin dehydrated or it will lose much moisture. Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated inside out. Keep your digestive track cool with lots of fruit juices, green tea and coconut water aside from water. Add water-rich foods in your diet, and a few sources include lettuce, apples, cucumber and watermelon.
Also, choose foaming cleanser made with cucumber, papaya or Aloe Vera, which are good for getting rid of dead skin cells or a water-based moisturizer to apply after a bath when the skin is still damp, usually within five minutes.
Make summer more enjoyable! Follow these summer skincare tips for young women and achieve radiant, nourished and healthy skin even under the scorching summer heat. Enjoy your summer, girl!
PS: Do you think we missed a tip or two? Tell us in the comment section.
PSS: If you like this article, share it on Facebook and help BFFs achieve that perfect summer skin today!