Simple tricks can keep you away from unwanted problmes. For instance, these tips here help you prevent and treat dry, cranked lips.
Many things can contribute to your dry lips whether its medications, sun exposure, weather dryness, or just plain genetics. No matter what your dry lips are from they are just plain irritating and make it almost impossible to wear lipstick which seems to just amplify the appearance of the dry shedding skin. And we don’t want this to happen don’t we?
So, here are some quick tips about how to take good care of your lips:
- Drink plenty of water to keep your lips moisturized
- Try changing your lipstick brand. Use lipstick with a moisturizer to prevent dryness. Use good quality lipsticks. Always use trusted brands
- Certain flavoring agents in toothpaste, chewing gum or mouthwash might also cause chapped lips. Find out if you are allergic to it and try changing them
- Protect your lips from the harsh weather conditions. Eat plenty of green veggies and fruits
- Saliva is drying, so the more you lick your lips, the drier they get. Start applying Vaseline regularly to your lips, and don’t lick them at all. Also, you can try applying ghee at night to your lips
- Some people may develop allergic reactions to using such old lipstick. Old lipstick feels sticky, and is not comfortable to wear. It also dries out the lips so avoid using old lipstick which has expired
- Exfoliate the surface flake by mixing granulated sugar with a bit of olive oil and gently massage it around your lips, rinse the area and immediately apply some lip balm or Vaseline
- You can apply warm ghee (purified butter) on cracked lips. A thin film of ghee acts as natural lip balm
- Dip black tea bags in boiling water and when it is lukewarm, press it over lips; it will help increase moisture level in lips
- Shea butter is very beneficial for extremely sensitive lips.