Yoga Positions for Weight Loss (for Beginners)
Yoga is a practice of mind and body that combines stretching exercises with controlled breathing and relaxation. Most health benefits of yoga refer to the elimination of the effects of stress, the decreasing of blood pressure and improving the heart function.
Generically, yoga is considered a complementary alternative medicine practice that meets the principles of physical and mental discipline, for getting a general harmonious condition. The main components of the various forms of yoga are:
- Positions: Called posts, refers to a series of moves designed to increase strength and flexibility of the body. The positions range from situations that allow total relaxation, difficult to extremely challenging jobs that lie at maximum physical limits.
- Breathing: Breath control is an essential part of yoga practice. Breathing is considered vital energy that can be directed to people in the right directions so as to obtain the necessary mental peace.
There are studies that have shown that yoga can reduce the stress considerably, restoring your good mood. Moreover, yoga helps you to reduce the risk factors for heart disease, depression, chronic pain, anxiety or insomnia.
Celebrities practicing Yoga: Candice Swanepoel, Gisele Bundchen, Hilaria Baldwin – Yoga instructor and Alec Baldwin’s wife, Jennifer Aniston, Jenny McCarthy, Kim Kardashian.
Here are the benefits:
You already have many reasons to believe in yoga and move to practice, but yoga is not only known like a stress buster, it’s also one of the most effective workouts for fighting stubborn fat stores, especially the ones that crop up after age 40. Yes, you can use yoga for weight loss. The reason: Studies show that yoga lowers levels of stress hormones and increases insulin sensitivity—a signal to your body to burn food as fuel rather than store it as fat. The following yoga poses for weight loss will do just that while firming up your arms, legs, butt, and abs. Start now to see weight loss results in as little as 3 weeks.
If you are a beginner and you want to lose weight fast, then here you will find all the things that you should know. What you need: a yoga mat or carpeted space and the right positions.
Exercise 1: The Boat – for Abdomen and Legs
- From the supine position, knees bent slightly raise the back, then legs.
- Stretch your hands and then feet parallel to the ground.
- Hold the position for several seconds, then relax and repeat 5 times.
Exercise 2 – Warrior Pose – the Hips, Thighs, Abdomen, Shoulders
- From a standing position, remove legs.
- Bend your right leg until it forms an angle of 90 degrees and turning right toes outward.
- Raise your arms parallel to the ground at shoulder level and keep palms face down.
- Exhale and inhale five times just on the nose, while maintain this position.
- Switch legs and repeat.
Exercise 3: The Dog – for Spine, Back, Calves and Thighs
- Get down on your hands and knees with support, feet slightly apart.
- Lean on your hands and knees slightly rise as straightening your legs. If the movement is too difficult for you, keep your knees slightly bent.
- Go palms slightly forward and back legs to relax posture.
- Take a deep breath, hold position at least one minute and then return to starting position.
Exercise 4: The Plank – For the Arms, Back, Shoulders, Abdomen, Thighs Front
- Palms and toes support the body as well as you wants to do push-ups.
- Hold for at least one minute.
Exercise 5 – Chair Pose – for Back, Ankles and Feet
- Stand with feet together, shoulders relaxed, arms at your sides.
- Inhale deeply and raise your arms overhead, palms facing each other.
- Bend the knees, pushing your butt back.
Exercise 6: The Child – the Hips, Rear
- Sitting on knees, ankles and feet outstretched support. Knees should be slightly apart.
- Bend the torso forward until you touch the ground with your palms.
- Take a deep breath and maintain the position for at least one minute.
Exercise 7 – Bridge Pose – for the Buttocks, the Back of the Thighs
- From the supine position, legs bent and hands on the trunk rises near the bottom
- Floor with hands pressed to raise the trunk.
- Only legs, head and shoulders should remain on the ground.
- Hold the position and breathe deeply 5-10 times, then repeat this exercise 3 more times.
Exercise 8: The Moon
- The lower hand should be at shoulder height, while with the other hand try to get as above.
- Leg and torso are perfectly aligned, and the look is upward.
- If required you can support with your hand down on something. Once maintain position one minute and repeat on the other side.
Things to Remember: Although yoga doesn’t seem as hard of a workout as walking or running, you still have to remember to stay hydrated and breathe.
Let’s recap the yoga asanas: