Waxing at home is the easy and kind of cheap way of getting rid of all that unwanted hair, whenever you want or need to.
The need of being beautiful and taking good care of our skin is ageless. Why bother going to a salon, make appointments, struggle to get there, pay for somebody else to do it, when with all this modern technology you can do it at home, in a cosy atmosphere.
We also posted another article about waxing tips, beauty tips about waxing, this one just comes to improve it and provide some more information about the DIY procedure and what products to buy in order to make it easier for you.
- First: always, but always, read the instructions from the waxing products you are about to use. Otherwise you might end up with burns or clumps of wax stuck to your skin.
- Don’t use do-it-at-home waxing kits if you are allergic to any of the compounds, is you suffer from acne or if you have sensitive skin or lesions.
- Also, don’t use the wax after sunbathing or tanning in a salon, because your skin is really affected by UV rays, you don’t want to harm it even more!
- For ideal waxing preparations you should be exfoliating regularly. This keeps the skin smooth and also keeps any in-growing hairs at bay.
What Is the Best Way for Waxing at Home?
- Place old towels on the floor below you to avoid dripping wax on your floors and having a big clean up job.
- Have all your supplies laid out and accessible before you even start warming the wax. Trying to fetch muslin strips out of a plastic bag with wax on your fingers is no fun at all.
- Apply warmed wax with a tongue depressor, popsicle stick, or disposable spatula.
- Tear it along the way the hair grows, not upwards at a 90% angle. Doing it at 90% will stretch the skin and hurt
- Hold the skin taunt as you rip away the wax/strip, this reduces the pain.
- Take good care about the way you do this, waxing at home can sometimes get nasty, in terms of bruising! When you pull off the strip you must pull up touching your leg otherwise, if you pull straight out, especially on longer hair, it will cause bruising.
Here is a list of the waxing kits I found most attractive on Amazon.com. Most of them also have a short description so you can get a better idea about the product. No matter your choice, don’t forget to follow the instructions we provided, in order to get silky skin, shinny and healthy.
Waxing Kits for Home Use:
[amazon_link asins=’B000BJ1CGQ,B000H9C6RY,B000VS96KG,B000141XQA,B001GDSSD6,B000BDJY2G,B003AGK628′ template=’ProductGrid’ store=’beautips09-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’319e6db2-ebdf-11e7-98f5-f9a8aac20040′]