We must try to gather all the possible benefits of beauty sleep. Here are some ways that will help you take advantage of a good night’s sleep:
There is absolutely no doubt that a good night’s sleep makes us feel more invigorated and energized. If you have any doubt, beauty professionals point out that sleep is the best anti-aging treatment. Well, there must be a reason for calling it “beauty sleep”.
Daily stress ages our skin, due to the release of cortisol. During the night sleep all the body’s cells regenerate and heal, through the release of growth hormone and melatonin, which has an incredible effect on our skin and immune system.
Also, sleep deprivation can affect weight, mood and concentration. Therefore, we must try to gather all the possible benefits of beauty sleep.
Here Are Some Ways That Will Help You Take Advantage of a Good Night’s Sleep
- Milk – indeed a cup of warm milk has the same effect as sleeping pills. Milk helps to produce melatonin and serotonin, hormones that induce sleep.
- Physical activity – any kind of physical activity or a short run, an hour of aerobics will help you have a relaxing sleep with immediate beauty effects.
- Relaxing baths – before going to bed, take a long hot bath. Combine the various flavors of bath oils, bath salts and foam, light some candles, play your favorite music in the background and relax.
- Relaxing oil fragrances – get a help from an oil diffuser with fragrances like lavender, ylan-ylang, roman camomile or bergamot, they are well-known to relax you before sleep. If you need a help on choosing the right oil diffuser for you, check out these diffuser reviews first.
- Routine – the body has a famous biological clock. So, if you keep a regular routine of sleeping and waking-up, the body will adjust your program easier and sleep will appear easier.
- Proper nutrition – try to serve dinner at least three hours before bedtime. Avoid too fat or too spicy foods and limit the amount of liquid, because if you wake up 2-3 times a night to use the toilet you won’t get any restful sleep.
- Avoid consumption of nicotine, caffeine and alcohol in the evening. All these are incentives that can cause real trouble sleeping. Avoid drinking coffee with 8 hours before the scheduled time for sleep. The body does not store caffeine, but it requires many hours to eliminate the stimulant and the effects to be eradicated. Even if alcohol is considered a sedative, it does not provide necessary conditions for a restful sleep; the contrary is an excitation factor that will wake up at small time intervals.
- A good mattress. Read some mattress topper for back pain reviews and buy a good one for your body. You’ll thank us later..