2010 Summer Makeup Beauty Tips
The new trends for summer 2010 are bold yet subtle, light and airy, and perfect for t-girls who want to make a first impression no one will forget and every girl will envy.
Constant sweating during summer poses a major hindrance to your makeup, what with the runny eyeliner, and melting moisturizer and foundation. To be able to tackle all this, and yet look as fresh as a daisy, presented here are some tips on having your summer makeup stay put. Sunblock and sunscreen are extremely important, even for women of color. Skin with a substantial amount of melanin, such as African American skin, can burn too!
The makeup trends for summer 2010 can be really tricky! Some say: go nude! And others manifest for dazzling colors. We combined those two and we came up with this:
Try creating a “barely there” makeup look by choosing the perfect foundation for your skin tone. Choose a shade slightly darker than your natural color to create a soft glow in the summer, or pick a foundation with light reflecting particles to keep the face from falling flat. Keep lips simple and natural with a long-lasting, soft stain, and add a small amount of sheen to cheekbones and eyelids with a light bronzing powder.
Highlight your assets
Using a bronzer on important zones on the face gives a natural appearance. Apply a powder bronzer on your forehead, cheekbones, nose and chin for a natural look. Also, apply some on your neck, and your ear lobes, particularly if you are wearing a ponytail, or have short hair so that your makeup looks even.
Use Some…Roses :). Kidding, Use a Touch of Pink
This summer roses are a t-girl’s best friend…next to diamonds of course! This summer, rosy cheeks are making a comeback by contrasting with natural and fresh skin.To get the rosy look, contrast is very important. Your eyes should be strongly outlined, the lips should be natural and your cheeks should be blushed with rose…. go crazy with it! The look is actually quite stunning and is great for a summer night out or a nice casual walk around the city.
Well… When It Comes to Eyes Makeup There Is a Different Story Coming Up
- Use eyeliner pencil of warm chocolate, slate gray or navy shades with a light hand[singlepic id=1460 h=200 float=left]
- This 2010 summer season the eye shadow colors used are warm and exude sensuality and style. Orange, turquoise, green, blue, lavender, pink, violet, yellow are very popular eyeshadow colors used for this 2010 summer season, but also neutral colors, they are perfect for summer makeup
- Stay proof: In addition to keeping the eyes fabulous, primers can also be used all over to provide an even base for foundation and help makeup to stay on longer and stronger
- If you don’t want to go to the effort of applying a full make-up in the hot sun, a touch of mascara and a little eye liner will ‘open’ up the eye and bring your face to life. For a lighter, more summery appearance, swap your black mascara for one that is either brown-black or brown
- Curl your lashes and use glossy black shade on them to make them appear longer and your eyes bigger.
- Use only a very fine line with eyeliner
- To complete your look have your eyebrows professionally shaped
Lip Makeup Trends in 2010 Summer
- All lip color shades are meant to enhance femininity and not stray too much from the natural, this is why nudes, red, orange as well as red-pink colored lipsticks are used. You can choose a different shade depending on the occasion and the makeup style used. Try a vintage style makeup if it suits you and you will look fabulous as vintage is very in this summer.
- Try lip balms and tinted lip balms. Can’t bear to switch from your favorite lipstick? Then use a lip balm first, and then apply your gloss or lipstick only to one lip. Press together for a soft touch of color and shine.
- Add a summer lip color like a coral or pink lip gloss.
Here Is a List With the Makeup Items You Might Like to Buy From Amazon.com:
Rimmel recover foundation for 5 dollars, Cover Girl Lipstain in “Flirty Nude” or “Cinnamon Smile” for 8$, D&G Fabulous Quad, you may find it for 36$ but…not at Amazon.com, Sephora Lush Flush Wine Lip and Cheek Stain for 12 $ and Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil for 24$.
For more beauty tips, check out our great article.