Because the range of possibilities is enormous, I considered useful an article in which to teach you how to choose the correct shade of lipstick considering your skin tone.
Lipstick is an essential component of femininity and one of the oldest non-conformist makeup products.
Etymologically, lipstick comes from the French adjective “rouge” and describes exactly the color of red lips considered one of the essential attributes of femininity. But, in time, lipstick tends to cover the whole range of colors designed cover your lips and to individualize your makeup. Because the range of possibilities is enormous, I considered useful an article in which to teach you how to choose the correct shade of lipstick considering your skin tone.
1. Light color face (ivory, porcelain, nude)
- Mostly red: red wine shade, coral
- Brown and beige: chocolate for the evening, caramel for daytime
- Pink matte or with shiny golden reflections
- Brown with yellow pigment
2. Medium brown face color (beige, sand)
- Warm shades of red, red, rust
- Caramel brown with yellow pigment, cafe au lait
- Rose, pink but mostly fuchsia
Avoid: light brown to pale
3. Dark colored skin (Olive, early tan, tan)
- Bluish red, raspberry
- Plum, mahogany
- A wide range of brown shades
- Caramel pink, nude
You passed the outline of your lips? Do not remove the excess with your fingers. Use a cotton stick dipped in foundation or makeup remover.
You want more volume? Apply a beige blush, a shade lighter than the foundation, around the lips. The contrast between dark and light will give the feeling of volume.
Another trick is to color the white area outside the lips with an lip liner that has the same color as the lipstick.