How to Choose the Right Nail Shape for Your Fingers
A right nail shape should fit the length, thickness and the shape of your fingers. Besides, it should fit your personality and style.
Here are my several tips for your next nail shape, which will emphasize your style and express your personality.
What Does Your Nail Shape Say About You?
A nail shape is not only an indispensable part of a stylish outfit, it is a tool to reveal your personality and convey your thoughts. Here are some interesting facts about the correlation between your personality and the nail shape.
- Round nails make you a casual and down-to-earth woman. They have the look of sweet and feminine.
- Oval nails – you like to stay stylish and comfortable and like to keep things simple. However, sometimes you may be indecisive.
- Square nails are very practical, they provide a high durability. So, if you choose them, it’s likely that you prefer convenience over external attractiveness. You may be a little bit conservative.
- Squoval nails give you a congruent message of assertiveness and power. A woman with these nails shape may be bossy and self-assured.
- Ballerina nails are great for flirtatious, ultra feminine and stylish women. They give you a perfect combination of dainty and practicality.
- Almond nails have a dynamic effect, so you are creative with an innovative thinking.
- Stiletto nails are for real fashionistas, who don’t do dishes and don’t handle small children. They resemble delicate claws and may be a reflection of your coquettish nature.
Tips for Choosing the Right Nail Shape for Your Fingers
Considering your lifestyle, your style, the shape of your fingers, you can choose from many nail shapes. Here are some of them:
Finger type: stubby fingers with wide nails beds.
Features: a round shape is a universal shape, which can be maintained both at home and with the help of a professional. The length is short, which allows you to do all types of household chores and the curved edges make nails look elegant. It’s easy to get this shape – just cut nails so that they are below your fingertips, then file them to make the edges smooth.
Recommended nail color: pastel (soft beige, pale pink, delicate blue) and vivid tones (red, burgundy, black, deep orange, deep blue) look great on this shape.
Finger type: wide and narrow nail beds and long fingers.
Features: this shape is considered to be the most feminine. Sometimes it is called an egg shape because there is a slight tapering from the nail bed to the tip of the finger. It elongates the nails and blunt tips make them look delicate. File the sidewalls to make sure they are flat and voila – a timeless shape is ready!
Recommended nail color: pastel hues with a vivid nail art (floral designs, geometric, surreal) will look great.
Finger type: wide nail beds and narrow, long fingers.
Features: this shape is practical as it doesn’t break easily if it is cut short. Originally, it was used for a French manicure, which is always in fashion. Subtle edges make nails look polished, and the shape will look better if the nails have some length. To create the shape, file the sidewalls and make sure they are perpendicular to the free edge of the nail. After the square shape is achieved, bevel the nail.
Recommended nail color: bright and muted shades are suitable for this shape.
Finger type: all types.
Features: curved edges are very soft and they are never too sharp. This combination of a square and an oval shape suits office style best. To achieve it, create a square shape first, then file the corners to make the free edge rounded and beveled.
Recommended nail color: pastel tones with a geometric pattern make this shape look fantastic.
Ballerina (Coffin) Shape
Finger type: all types.
Features: this shape is for fashionistas, it’s the more subtle version of the stiletto nail shape. It is long, slim and has straight edges.
Recommended nail color: neutrals with a plain nail art are acceptable.
Finger type: thin, long fingers.
Features: the sides of nails are slim, and the edges are rounded. This feminine shape eliminates the chubby look of the fingers and makes your hands more delicate. However, this shape isn’t recommended for weak nails because it is prone to get chipped. Your option could be for artificial nails or super strong natural nails.
Recommended nail color: neutral hues with graphics and metallic elements are good for this shape.
Finger type: long fingers and elongated nails.
Features: stiletto nails are a little bit impractical due to their pointy edges, but they look fancy! This daring shape won’t last long on natural nails because they are prone to breakage, but acrylic nails or UV gel can make it last longer.
Nail color: sheer neutral shades with discreet and eccentric designs will adorn this shape.
So, What Nail Shape Is Right for Me?
It’s a matter of style but you have to be practical, too. If you have a more handy work, opt for round, oval or square shape. If you need a more polished look, opt for squoval, ballerina, almond or stiletto shape.
Rock the most feminine look wearing any of the mentioned nail shapes and always stay stylish and confident!
- 7 Cozy Pajamas to Keep You Comfortable This Winter - January 12, 2024
- How to Make Her Day With Experience Day Gifts - January 10, 2024
- The Ultimate List of Glowup Tips for Teenage Girls - October 21, 2023