Carbon Laser Peel Facial: How It Is Done, Benefits, & Cost
It is now possible to get smooth, soft, and glowing skin in just 30 minutes with the help of carbon laser peel. The specialty of this facial is that it blends the power of charcoal with a laser that reduces the visibility of age spots and improves skin tone. It would not be wrong to say that laser carbon peel is a magical treatment for your skin that adds an instant glow to your skin without any pain or downtime.
For our readers, who are hearing about this treatment for the first time in their lives, this article is for you. We have covered all the important aspects of laser carbon peel starting from how it is done to its benefits and cost.
What Is Carbon Laser Peel Facial?
Carbon laser peel treatment is a quick, painless, and non-invasive facial treatment that rejuvenates your skin and makes it clear and glowing. It comprises two major steps which include the application of a charcoal mask and the use of a laser to peel off the mask.
The charcoal mask absorbs all the dirt and impurities from the clogged pores. After that, a laser of approximately 1064 nm wavelength is used to peel off the charcoal mask. The mask gets removed from the skin along with the debris, dirt, and oil. As a result, you get smooth, clear, and glowing radiant skin. Laser carbon peel is beneficial for people suffering from sun damage or oily and acne-prone skin.
How Is the Procedure Done?
The whole procedure is performed in just 30 minutes. Here is how the facial is performed;
- First of all, your face will be cleaned thoroughly to eliminate makeup, oil, and dirt.
- After that, the doctor will apply a thick layer of liquid carbon to your face. This carbon will absorb all the impurities from the pores.
- The liquid carbon will be left for 10 minutes to dry.
- Once, the carbon layer has dried, the doctor will pass the Nd: YAG laser over the skin. The eyes are protected from the laser during this step.
- As the laser is moved over the skin, it heats the carbon and binds it to the epidermis resulting in the peeling of the carbon mask.
- In the end, an ointment is applied to the face to soothe the skin.
What Are the Benefits of Carbon Laser Peel?
There are significant benefits of carbon laser peel. Some of them are mentioned below;
- It is a painless and non-invasive treatment.
- Provides an instant glow to the skin.
- Takes hardly 25-30 minutes to complete.
- Lightens the appearance of dark spots or age spots.
- Effectively removes acne scars and opens clogged pores that are filled with dirt and oil.
- It evens out the skin and improves its tone.
- Treats hyperpigmentation and exfoliates the dead skin cells.
- You can also get laser carbon peel for melasma treatment.
How Much Does Laser Carbon Peel Cost?
Although the price of laser carbon peel treatment varies from patient to patient, generally it can cost around 400$ per session. You might need 2-3 sessions to get the desired results. Being a cosmetic procedure, it is also not covered by insurance companies. The cost is determined based on the experience of your dermatologist and the location of the clinic. Therefore, it is better to consult with the expert to know the exact cost relevant to your case.
Other Peeling Treatments
Apart from Carbon laser peel treatment, there is another peeling treatment that is effective against acne. It is known as acne peel treatment. It involves applying a solution to your skin that contains special ingredients chosen according to your skin type. However, only a dermatologist can decide whether laser carbon peel is better for you or acne peel treatment. Therefore, always consult with an expert before getting the procedure.
- Carbon Laser Peel Facial: How It Is Done, Benefits, & Cost - June 10, 2021