Wearing glasses used to be a shameful necessity, but now eyewear has become a fashionable, coveted accessory. Stylish frames can flatter your face and be mixed and matched to accent your outfit. Whether they’re worn for vision or simply as a fashion statement, glasses have never been more popular.
But finding the right style of glasses to fit your personality and your face isn’t always easy without the advice of a professional. Pro advice isn’t necessary, though, if you know your face shape and the styles that flatter it.
Yes, you can have glasses that look right and showcase your personality. First, you need to get familiar with your face and the shape that it predominantly shows.
The 5 most common face shapes include:
If you’re not sure which shape you have, you can learn how to tell with a little online guidance. Once you know your shape, keep on reading for the best glasses style to flatter it!
1. Heart-shaped – People with heart-shaped faces have a wide variety of styles that look good on them. Winged glasses accent their wider foreheads, but if you’re size-concerned about your temples, you can choose frames that focus on your nose and below instead.
Likewise, heart-shaped faces tend to have pointier chins, so if you want to flatter your face and detract from your chin, look for an oval frame to attract attention to your eyes and up. You can find lots of excellent styles for your versatile shape when you shop online at eyewearhaus.com.
2. Square-shaped. A common request by people with square-shaped faces is to find glasses that will soften their strong features. If you’re looking for this, search for rounded frames that are not too thick.
Round and oval-shaped frames reduce the sharp angles of your face and, if you choose them proportionally, create an overall balance to your look.
3. Round faces – If you have a round face, you want to add angles to your overall soft look. With rounded faces, there are a lot of curves to accentuate. To balance those curves and find a proportionate structure, look for frames with harsh angles, like rectangles, cat-eye, and D-frames.
You can get away with looks many other face shapes can’t, such as creative geometric glasses and colourful frames. Have fun with your choices and get pairs you can mix and match!
4. Oval faces – The hardest part about choosing your glasses when you have an oval-shaped face is narrowing down your selection. Just about every frame will look good on you, but if you want to enhance or detract attention to or from certain areas, you’ll want to find specific frames.
In general, focus on frames that are as wide as the area around your eyes. Common popular frames that look extra good on oval faces are those with harsh angles, like squares or rectangles. But you can also play around with creative geometric frames, too – as long as you keep them at the same width as your face at the eye area.
5. Triangular-shaped – If your face is wider on the bottom than it is on the top, you want to play around with your glasses to create an opposite overall look. Find frames that bring attention to your top and detract from the bottom for balance.
Your best frames usually will include aviator styles, cat-eyes, and D-frames – choices that many other face shapes won’t be able to pull off with as much flair as you will!
With the right glasses, you will be making a statement, accessorizing your face, and improving your vision at the same time!