15 Rules to Help You Manage Your Weight Loss
So, here is a compiled list of 15 healthy tips to help you in the kitchen for managing your weight loss efforts. Pick your favourite and tell us why in the comments!
- Opt for extra virgin olive oil and always use a dropper stopper to avoid dropping too much in your salad;
- Crazy about white sauces? Then for prepearing them do not use cream, use light milk instead;
- Fancy occasionally a crunching at work or on the beach? You should choose popcorn without butter addition instead of hazelnuts and salties instead of pate;
- Do you like pasta with sauce? Instead of cheese or sour cream sauces I recommend those based on tomatoes or vegetables, especially in their season time;
- Frying vegetables in a pan would be good with just one tablespoon of oil and not pouring plenty – you will see it is enough;
- Do you prefer grills? Then it is healthy to anoint with some olive oil the piece you are about to prepare and do not put oil directly in the pan;
- If you are in a mood for a soup and you choose for the canned one you should know that it contains much more fat than those prepared at home or at a restaurant, so you should avoid them;
- Replace pork with fish for lunch or best for dinner because it has a very low fat content;
- Increase the proportion of whole grains in your menu because they are low in fat and very rich in fiber;
- Replace fruit yogurt with a bio skimmed yogurt. Just check the fruit yogurt label and you’ll see why.
- However you cook chicken do not forget to remove the skin – contains a lot of fat;
- Replaces snacks with croissants and cookies with sliced toasted bread;
- Buy a quality teflon frying pan (or ceramic, better) in which you can cook without the addition of fat;
- Do not give up dairy – help keep the body in shape and prevents osteoporosis;
- If you can not give up butter, you should buy one that has less fat (specified on the pack).