Ladies, have you ever planned a weekend getaway with your friends? There are a lot of things to consider, especially if you have a crew who all love different things. That’s why themed location getaways are especially fun because everyone can find something to do together. One of the best places to go for a weekend adventure is Arizona.
Ok, this is not one of our regular beauty posts, but one of our Facebook fan asked us of something to do while going out with her gang in Arizona for two weeks, at a study camp. So, we came up with some tips to do while being there – some trips and SPAs.
We’re cooking some travel beauty tips so stay tuned for our pieces of advice on that, too.
So, whether it’s exploring the desert, taking in breathtaking sunsets, day tripping at fun locations like Gainey Ranch Golf Club, or eating delicious Mexican food, Arizona’s got something that everyone can enjoy on a girls’ weekend trip.
Start With Picking the Arizona Spot
Looking for ranches or canyons? Do you like big city areas like Phoenix or do you want to play it more low-key in Scottsdale? There are a lot of places where you could visit, so thinking about everyone’s interests and choosing a theme is a good place to start. Perhaps you’d like to plan a ranch adventure for you and your cowgirls at Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Gainey Ranch? You’ll be able to ride horses, explore the sites, and head back for a massage at the end of the day.
Plan Out Things You Like to Do
Horseback riding may not be for everyone, so why not set up a few activities that everyone can enjoy. Maybe you’ve got some foodies who would love to try Mediterranean cuisine at Virtu, or maybe there’s some adventurers in your party who want to check out McDowell Sonoran Preserve. There should be a good mixture of adventure and relaxation on any weekend getaway trip.
Coordinate Outfits Together
If you’re headed on a themed getaway trip, this one’s easy! You can all bring western motif scarves for a ranch and spa trip. Think of the selfie possibilities! When you coordinate packing for your trip, you should factor in the season in Arizona. People typically visit this area during the summer months because of the sun, but if you crave a more temperate climate, October and November are also two great months to visit Arizona.
Best Places to Go in Arizona
You can plan your weekend around the top places to visit in Arizona so you’ll have one iconic thing to tie your trip together. These are some of the most beautiful and iconic places to go in the state:
- Grand Canyon National Park
- Antelope Canyon
- Monument Valley
- Beaver Falls at Havasu Creek
- Saguaro National Park
- Goldfield Ghost Town, Apache Junction
- Hoover Dam
- Jerome Arizona Ghost Town
- Arizona Stronghold Vineyards
- Alcantara Vineyards and Winery
Best Cities in Arizona
Another way to look at this area is the night life within distance to fun day trip spots. These were marked four of these amazing cities to visit and while you may need some beauty touch-ups:
- Tucson is the highest-ranking city to visit in Arizona because of its bars and music venues. Yelp for spa salons here.
- Scottsdale is the second most fun city in the state with tons of beautiful areas around to explore, as well as a great foodie scene. SPA salons in Scottsdale.
- Tempe offers resort and spa locations in a beautiful area. You can spend the day hiking and then head back for relaxation under the stars. Yelp for SPA salons.
- Phoenix is the capital city and fourth most fun place to go in Arizona. You’ll get a lot of historic tours in this area. SPA salons in Phoenix, AZ.
Our usual beauty tips while traveling applies here, too:
- Get your sunscreen cream with greater SPF.
- Pack some travel beauty gadgets, small enough to carry around.
- Have skin moisturizes at hand.
- Match your street style to locals.