Why wear them, why are they such a hip trend in fashion, how to wear them and from where to buy them. This is what you will read in this article. Enjoy!
First of all, what are jeggings? Really funny name isn’t it? Let’s see what Wikipedia has to say: “Jeggings are leggings which are styled to look like tight denim jeans.The ‘j’ not only refers to the appearance of denim, but also to the fact that they were first worn for jogging. Apart from the ‘jean’ adaptation, some jeggings are made with a new type of nylon named nylon PV1.”. They are pretty much made out of the material that leggings are made out of, but they have that denim look.
And now that we now their definition let’s get back to fashion business. Why wear them, why are they such a hip trend in fashion and from where to buy them. This is what you will read below in this article. Enjoy!
Why Buy and Wear Jeggings?
- Jeggings have a big following, and have been termed by some as the most important fashion revolution items of the 21st century. The reason for this is because they are so much more comfortable than normal skinny jeans, and have the hip and sexy look of jeans without the lack of comfort. Some of the jeggings available to buy have nice finishes around the ankles which strengthen the jean look of the jeggings. Some others maybe look a bit scrunched up around the ends which can look sweet and authentic at the same time.
- The reason for the jeggings fanaticism over traditional long denim styles apparently has something to do with this unbearably hot and sweaty weather we have to suffer through.
Celebrities Are All Into Wearing Jeggings
It is hard to say if jeggings trend has bright future in the history of fashion, but the trend is already favored by such celebrities as Beyonce, Whitney Port, and Kate Bosworth. Actress Kate Bosworth dresses up a pair of dark jeggings for a 2010 party at Chateau Marmont in Los Angeles. Pop superstar Rihanna steps out on the streets of Manhattan in light-wash jeggings. So, what should we learn from this? That jeggings are a real hit for 2010 fashion, but, in the same time, we have to pay great attention to our body shape, because, unfortunately not everybody looks great wearing jeggings.
Who Should Wear Jeggings and How?
- Jeggings though are not for every body type as the case is with dresses. They are designed to suit all ages when they’re styled appropriately, but they are best to flaunt well cut legs.
- Jeggings looks like a cool pair of skinny jeans with printed belt loops, pockets, buttons and zips etc. Jeggings can be teamed with a shirt to get the formal look, with a short sexy top for clubbing and with a kurti for casual wear.
- When choosing your jeggings, the most flexible and trendy ones are a gorgeous indigo blue. You should look for nice contrast stitching, a good quality stretchy material, with a skinny fit. The waist should be firmly elasticized with high quality for comfort and style.
- If you wear them in black or a dark denim it’s fine to wear them as a pant but in a lighter wash you’d probably wear them as a legging.
- Advice: if you don’t look really great in skinny jeans, don’t wear jeggings. Even if they are a real hot fashion trend for fall 2010, that doesn’t mean you have to wear them just to be in fashion. Try on a pair of jeggings in a store and think twice before buying them. You should pay attention to their material, because, being made of nylon and stretch material, it will be so very tight on your legs, and may emphasize every small flaw.
- Still, you can wear jeggings like normal leggings; just pay a little more attention to their color. So, wear your new pair of jeggings with a thin sweater and accessorize it with a large belt on your waist. If you have slender legs wear a long and slightly transparent shirt, with some high heel shoes and several neck accessories, a glamorous or maximized necklace.
- Pick a dark pair that will go with everything from a basic tank to a sweater dress. Also, black slims you down so that’s always a plus.
- You will love wearing your leggings with a pair of chunky heels, a long sweater and a scarf. Add a big tote to that, and you’re set for the day.
- If you are short in height, then petite sizes will be appropriate. The same applies for the tall sizes to buy appropriately for your height.
- For casual wear during the day less is always more. You can wear a big t-shirt or tunic dress or other long tops in solids or sparkling textures or bold prints. The two latter suggestions give it added flair to the jeggings. Flats, sandals or sneakers are a good choice of footwear during the daytime.
- If you are extremely comfortable with your legs and want to show them off like no other, pick up a pair of light wash jeggings and a pair of heels. Similar to styling dark wash jeggings, pick a flowy top in a darker color to make your jeggings stand out.
Where to Buy Them From?
My options would be: polyvore.com, theleggings.com and jeggings.us. I saved some ideas for you, and, fortunately, polyvore.com has a magnificent product that offers you the possibility to create your own look online.